Sunday 12 January 2014

To Poetry

It seems so long
since lead grazed a papyrus dark
to try to make meaning
to emote.

So long
that it feels almost forgotten
buried deep by the tides of meaning
And willed neuronal plasticity.
Oh dear poetry,
Oh beautiful muse, oh bride divine,
I miss your gushing out of a loosely held, loosely led piece of chalk
Your emergence
With no see-able cause but some eddies of life

And your birth
Though imperfect in correspondence (to an ideal)
so complete in yourself
Waving your sense of purpose and contentment-
over your so called author.
Weaving yourself into your own creations
Creating, animating-
Coding, executing
Architecting possible worlds
complete, coherent, sound

Oh poetry,
Come back, please...
I await on my knee
With a ring beheld towards thee
With expectance and honesty, humble, but with no humility-
Will you marry me?

**
(I'd written this a long time ago. Forgotten, it lay maturing in my file. It seemed apt that I post this now, now that it had lost feeling and depth, and yet, not untimely)

No comments:

Post a Comment