Sunday 16 June 2013

My plant


My green leafy companion in the room died. i do not know why it decided to leave me alone, and turn brown, dry up. Was it its time to go? Did it go because i did not give it enough love? Did it die because there was too much Chlorine in the water? i will never know.

It is, after all, so easy for me to cut another couple of leaves and put them in some water. Voila! New green companion to look at, smile, anthropomorphise, and romanticise.

~

i want to spread, stretch my wings, and roar into the air. i wish to dive, as fast as sound, towards the earth; at the last moment, pull up, and scream a heart-wrenching scream; wrench out my heart, bat it with my wing, stream up with the winds, and grow a new one, a one at peace. i wish to look at the world, love, and have the energy to give all my loving to this world, and still save some, to keep loving.

i desire meaning, i desire peace, i desire the end of desire. But my fault is where i desire it with ease.

One day, i shall rise from this embryotic cringe. i shall make meaning where there is none. i shall do what calls me, without fear, without shackles. i shall burn with the fire, move with the earth, cut with the wind, and heal with the water. That day, i shall not be afraid.

(that day, perhaps, i shall know that your death had no meaning. that it is merely how it is. that you did not leave me, you just died.)

No comments:

Post a Comment